West Wide Energy Corridor Final PEIS Maps
Final PEIS maps of proposed Section 368 energy corridors are available for viewing/downloading in several formats.
Maps and supporting spatial data files that depict Section 368 energy corridors that could be designated under the Proposed Action may be downloaded by following the links below. Maps are provided in Adobe Acrobat format suitable for general review by most users. Spatial data used to create the maps and to conduct analyses are also available for interactive viewing and detailed review/analysis by advanced users.
Proposed Section 368 Corridor Maps in Adobe Acrobat Format
The following map sets are available in Adobe Acrobat format (requires free Acrobat Reader software). Acrobat provides the quickest and easiest way to view the PEIS maps. Most users will already have the Acrobat Reader software installed on their computers.
- Large Scale Base Map Series – 48 detailed maps showing proposed corridors and supporting information. Each map shows a small portion of a state. Individual map files range in size from 900 KB – 3.1 MB. The full map set is also available as one 105 MB PDF file.
- State Base Map Series – 11 state maps that show proposed corridors and supporting information. Each map shows an entire state. 11 maps in set. State map files range in size from 1.6 – 2.8 MB. The full map set also available as one 25.6 MB PDF file.
- Visual Resource Analysis Map Series – 43 detailed maps showing proposed corridors in relation to selected visual resource areas. Each map shows a small portion of a state. Individual map files range in size from 923 KB – 3.1 MB. The full map set is also available as one 96.2 MB PDF file.
- Right of Way State Map Series – 11 state maps that show where proposed corridors follow existing transportation and utility right of ways. State map files range in size from 1.6 – 2.9 MB. The full map set is also available as one 26 MB PDF file.
- Federal Land and Resource Management Plans to be Amended State Map Series – 22 state maps that show proposed Section 368 corridors and the boundaries of the plans that would be amended to designate them. There are two maps for each state, one showing BLM plans, the other showing USFS, DoD, and NPS plans. The files are 928 and 289 KB. The full map set is also available as one 1.2 MB PDF file.
- Corridor Revision Maps – 2 maps that show the revisions made to the proposed Section 368 corridors between the Draft and Final PEIS. State map files range in size from 2.0 – 3.4 MB. The full map set is also available as one 55 MB PDF file.
NOTE: All Final PEIS maps are available on the West-wide Energy Corridor Final Programmatic EIS CD-ROMs, which may be ordered online.
Mapping Data in Other Formats
Data from a Geographic Information System (GIS) were used to support corridor siting, perform analyses, provide visualization products, generate statistics, and produce the Map Atlas. Key elements of the GIS database are provided in the links below.
- Interactive ArcReader Map with GIS Database - Large (83 Mb) download including GIS database with the key layers used in the GIS, with interactive map project files for ArcReader and ArcGIS. A second downloadable file (185 MB) provides an extended database and extended map project files. Requires free ArcReader software (191 Mb) or commercial ArcGIS Desktop software.
- Corridor GIS Files – Downloadable file (13.2 MB) containing GIS files of the corridors. Intended for use by GIS professionals. Requires commercial GIS software.
- Interactive Map in KML Format - For interactive viewing of proposed corridors. Requires free Google Earth or ArcGIS Explorer software, and active Internet connection while viewing maps.
Need Help? Have Questions?
If you experience any problem downloading these files, need assistance, or have questions about the Final PEIS maps or mapping data, please contact the Webmaster at email@example.com