Public involvement opportunities that will occur as part of the process for reviewing the Section 368 Corridors will be regularly announced on this page.
West-Wide Energy Corridors Opportunities for Stakeholder Engagement
Members of the public are invited to participate in reviews of West-wide energy corridors and in the development of recommendations for any corridor modifications. Reviews will be conducted on a regional basis starting with Region 1, which encompasses southern Nevada, southern California, and western Arizona.
Opportunities to provide input on the Region 1 corridor abstracts will also be offered at upcoming public webinars and meetings starting in September 2016.
- Public webinars will be held on September 7 and 29, 2016, at 9 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time (PDT). Webinar information will be provided through this website at least one week prior to each event.
- Public meetings will be held on the following dates:
- September 20, 2016, in Phoenix, Arizona, at the BLM National Training Center (9828 N 31st Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85051) from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. local Arizona time (Meeting Agenda),
- September 22, 2016, in Palm Springs, California, at the University of California Riverside - Palm Desert Center, Room B200 (75080 Frank Sinatra Drive, Palm Desert, CA 92211) from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. PDT (Meeting agenda), and
- September 27, 2016, in Las Vegas, Nevada, at the Hampton Inn Tropicana (4975 S. Dean Martin Dr., Las Vegas, NV 89118) from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. PDT (Meeting agenda).
If you plan to participate in any of these events, please RSVP to email@example.com and include the event location, date, and your contact information in the reply.
We value any input you have and look forward to your feedback on how the Agencies can improve the West-wide energy corridors to better serve the energy transmission and distribution infrastructure needs of the western United States.
Additional opportunities for involvement will be posted on this page as they become available.
Regional Review Sequence
|Energy Corridor Region
||Start Public Input
||Issue the Recommendations
(CA, NV, AZ)
(AZ, NM, CO)
(CO, UT, NV)
(MT, ID, OR, WA)
Future Public Involvement Opportunities
The Settlement requires that public input and an open and transparent process with engagement by tribes, States, local governments, and other interested parties occur as part of the process for making potential revisions, deletions, or additions to Section 368 Corridors. The Interagency Workgroup will solicit input from the public regarding the periodic review of Section 368 Corridors in the regions identified on the "Priority Regions for Review of Section 368 Energy Corridors" map and subsequent recommendations and in reviewing and making recommendations on Interagency Operating Procedures (IOPs), and will coordinate with other Federal agencies, tribes, States, and local governments. For more information about the regional reviews, including timeline, documents, and implementation, see the Regional Periodic Reviews page.
The public will be notified at least 15 days in advance of any meetings, webinars, or solicitations for comments. Outreach may include listening sessions, electronic town hall meetings, web postings, or other appropriate means.
Comments can be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
A Request for Information (RFI) was published in the Federal Register on March 28, 2014 to solicit information that assisted the Bureau of Land Management (BLM), U.S. Forest Service (FS), and the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) (Agencies) in the development of the Section 368 Corridor Study and provided the foundation for the initial Regional Periodic Review. The comment period ended on May 27, 2014.